Newly Updated Club Rules
Drum Point Club Rules
Use of the property owned by Drum Point Project, Inc. (“Drum Point Club” or the “Club”; such property, the “Property”) shall be subject to the following rules (the “Rules”). All members of the Club (“Members”) agree, by their use of the Property, to follow the Rules and to ensure that their family members, guests, and invitees follow the Rules. Members shall be responsible for any violation of the Rules by their family members, guests, and invitees.
· Only Members (including family and guests) and those renting Club facilities are permitted to use the Club.
· Minors under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult member or guest.
· Associate Members may not rent the Club facilities at the Member rate until after paying two years of dues, but are allowed to prepay that amount.
Use of Club Property:
· Members must close the automatic gate upon entering and leaving the Property.
· No lifeguard is on duty. Use of Club Property is at a Member’s own risk. Drum Point Club shall bear no responsibility for a Member’s use of the Club including that of a Member’s family and guests. Members agree and assume all of the risks involved (including risks to a Member’s family and guests) and hereby agree not to sue, to hold harmless, and to release the Club and its officers, directors, agents, and employees from any and all claims which may arise as a result of the use of the Club.
· Fires are only permitted in the established fire ring.
· No stoves, grills, or burners may be used on the wooden walkways, pier, or covered patio area. No cooking is permitted in the kitchen area. These facilities are available for refrigeration and warming only. Charcoal or gas grills may only be used on the uncovered portion of the patio area.
· Glass containers are not allowed on the beach.
· Smoking and vaping of any kind is not permitted in Club buildings or on the covered patio.
· Weapons, illegal drugs, and fireworks are prohibited on Club Property.
· Verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated at the Club.
· Crabs may not be eaten inside the buildings.
· No powered dirt bikes or ATV’s are allowed on the Property.
· Vehicles may only use the established roadways and loading/unloading zones and park in designated areas. No vehicles are allowed to remain parked on the beach or lawn area.
· Boats, including kayaks, windsurfers, and SUPs (Stand Up Paddleboards), may be loaded and unloaded in designated areas near the beach but may not be transported by car directly on to the beach or across non-road areas.
· Kayaks, SUPs, and similar small boats, including small sailboats no greater than 14 feet (“Boats”) may be stored on the Property only on a rack and at a location established by the Board. Such use must be registered with the Board. The Club shall have no responsibility for the theft, damage, use, or misuse of any such Boats stored or used at the Club, and the owners of such Boats shall be solely responsible for any liability arising out of or relating to such use.
· Camping shall be permissible only with advance approval of, and on terms set by, the Board.
· Pets, with the exception of service animals, are not allowed inside the Clubhouse or Boardroom. Members and other users of the Club must clean up after their pets. Pets must be leashed, trained, or supervised in such a manner as to avoid disturbance of other Member’s or guests at the Club and are the responsibility of the owners.
· Members are to dispose of all trash in the available trash cans but preferably in the dumpster whenever possible, and ensure the restrooms, beach and other Club Property are left clean following use.
· Members (including family and guests) shall refrain from making loud noises after 11 pm and SHALL NOT ENTER THE BUILDINGS OR INTERRUPT OR DISTURB THOSE WHO HAVE RENTED THE CLUB FOR AN EVENT. Nevertheless, the beach and external bathroom entrances and outside shower are still available for use by Members during rentals.
· Violations of these rules may be reported by Members to the Club President. The Club President may then refer the alleged violation to the Club Board for resolution and may result in the violating Member being asked to appear before the Board or to answer questions from the Board. Penalties may include suspension or loss of membership privileges.